• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Nodding out while straight?!

footscrazy

Bluelight Crew
Lately I have been feeling very out of it all the time. Mostly just extremely fatigued and zoned out but some times getting to the point where I'll 'nod out' with food in my mouth or while sitting typing something on the computer.

It's not that unpleasant a feeling (!) but it's worrying me that it's happening! I have started taking baclofen - I know drowsiness is a side effect of that but I'm on a very low dose (10mg a day) and I know it has a short half life. I took 10mg 16 hours ago so I can't imagine that it could still be affecting me. I also take naltrexone (100mg). I haven't taken any opiates for about 2 months.

This feeling does seem to get worse around 12 hours after I've had a drink. Is it possible the alcohol and baclofen could interact so that the baclofen affects me for much longer...?

I suppose I am very worried because one month ago I got serotonin syndrome from meth and ecstasy and my heart was damaged. I suppose extreme fatigue is not really a common symptom of heart problems but I just worry it's something to do with that. I often get chest pain and an icy feeling across my chest, though I'm open to believing that may be due to anxiety.

I know this will be a hard question to answer but any advice, even just reassurance would be good. Also, I'm getting enough sleep 8+ hours a night, and it doesn't feel like I'm falling asleep, it really does feel incredibly similar to nodding out on H.

It looks like baclofen is used to treat neurological, and nervous disorders.
Maybe something else is going on besides medication problems.
You should see a doctor, as many of the problems it is used to treat are degenerative.

^^ I think I will see a doc, I think I just need some reassurance in the meantime... Though I forgot to mention the reason I'm on baclofen is to possibly reduce methamphetamine and alcohol cravings.

You mention damage to your heart.

Have you had your blood pressure monitored?

^^ I have, I have very low blood pressure, something like 90/70, I'm not sure of the exact numbers but they're both double rather than triple digits. That usually makes me feel dizzy/faint, not quite the same, but do you think that may have something to do with it...?

It might be a combination of things.

Since u have heart damage the Baclofen might be affecting u more than it might someone who has no heart damage.

I have a feeling that having heart damage might make someone feel more tired than normal. YOur heart might not be doing what it should for your body anymore and it might make u more tired. That's definitely possible.

But since there are so many possibilities it's impossible to predict the exact thing that is making you tired. I have a feeling that each thing is adding a little to the fatigue u are feeling.

Also, are u eating enough? Are u exercising? Maybe some light exercise will help u feel less tired in the long run, but consult with your doctor before starting any exercise routine since u have heart damage.

Maybe your body doesn't have enough nutrients, vitamins, microelements. Maybe take some supplements like Vit B complex which helps with energy production in the body.

^^ I have, I have very low blood pressure, something like 90/70, I'm not sure of the exact numbers but they're both double rather than triple digits. That usually makes me feel dizzy/faint, not quite the same, but do you think that may have something to do with it...?

I think that might be it, yes. But then again I'm not a doctor, and would recommend that you see one.